Sunday, August 10, 2008

I LOVE THE 80s!

As Psychobillygirl will tell you, the 80's have a great deal of redeeming value. In retrospect, I guess I think so too. I think back to things then that seemed so much simpler than how life turned out. I hope its not a change in the world all together and just me needing to get back to where I was...or maybe who I was, not necessarily in that place anymore. It's cool though, finding things out about yourself that were always there...comforting really.

Now if someone can just explain to me, what were we thinking with big glasses and acid wash denim? Not the best of the 80's...ROTFLMAO.



UPDATE: NOW MY CHALLENGE TO ALL OF YOU IS TO POST AN 80S FLASHBACK OF YOUR OWN...COME ON GINGA, YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know. And can you believe I still have a denim shirt with studs not buttons and I still wear it occasionally cos its so comfortable. Should I be embarrassed?

Queen of the Universe said...

You should be completely embarrassed, as was I, to post this picture of my new/old beau and I. Geeze we were stupid, not much has changed.

I think you should have to post a pic of you in that shirt...:)

La Lunatique said...

When my friends & I went to Prince's Purple Rain concert we actually made the paper because because we were so decked out. If I can figure out how to scan it in to the 'puter I will share so you can laugh.

And queen, you 2 look like you were lifted straight from a John Hughes movie! LOL

Queen of the Universe said...

Oh yes...you must find that pic!

Man, Breakfast Club was the best movie EVER...LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh no, if I should be embarassed I will never wear it in public again. And I suppose my Adam Ant spangley jacket has to go too?

psychobillygirl said...

OMG... I'm not sure which one of your children you look more like in that pic. I am searching for the quintiscential me as cyndi lauper pics. So far I have only come across the whoa is me 1993 Sally Jesse Rapheal eye glasses debacle... rotflmao

Queen of the Universe said...

I think all of you should email me your pics and let me update the post by adding yours to it!

Too funny! (No Ginga, Adam Ant is a perfectly acceptable exception to the rule!)

Anonymous said...

in 1986, I was five years old. :)