Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Would Change

As I am still horribly ill, I decided to do a repost of something from a couple of years back.  This spawned many a long conversation in our house.  Since New Year is fast approaching and the thought of resolutions is in the air, I think this is a good place to start.  Enjoy!

I WOULD CHANGE

*nothing about my life because it’s how I got where I am now. (but that being said...)

*the shape of my body so I could confidently walk, completely naked, into the street and think nothing of it. :)

*the color of the paint on my walls every six months if that were not horribly inconvenient.

*the time I lost away from old friends because they complete my life in so many ways.

*how easily I stop talking when I know that the thing I am about to say is likely going to hurt someone.

*the perception that I am uber-strong and confident all the time so that people will realize sometimes, I just need a hug.

*the fact that we live in a world where too many people are not afforded basic human rights, whether it due to famine, bigotry, homophobia, religious fundamentalism, our own government…

*the fact that children go to bed hungry in one of the wealthiest nations in the world.


*that I neglected to tell important people how much they meant to me when I had the chance.
















No comments: