Tuesday, August 5, 2008

BLAH

I don't know what it is about the end of summer, but I always feel like I would rather be doing ANYTHING but what I am doing right now. I am seeing this general restlessness creep into the lives of my friends and families and it made me stop today and think, what is this about? Does everyone get this way this time of year?


I generally look forward to cold weather. Two days ago it was 116 degrees here and I thought, man, I am ready to move. I love that school is about to start and there will be sharpened pencils and tighter routines and frost on the ground in a few short weeks. But why is all that autumn goodness always preceded with just a yucky mood? Do we morn the lazy days of summer? Do we start to evaluate our year and realize, shit, I haven't accomplished anything I set out to? Or is it a case of one season giving way to another and we just notice this time more than the others?


Weirdness.

I got nothing for you. Tell me what you think.

In the interim, go visit Gingatao and get some lyrical loveliness.

Peace and Chicken Grease.

Shell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The end of summer here is usually accompanied by a huge sigh of relief, it is so hot. Your description was beautifully written and thankyou muchly for the linkage, I'm honoured.

Queen of the Universe said...

Funny that you are honored. You are like the cool kid at school and the rest of us nerds just freak out that you even talk to us...:)

Looking forward to getting down under and knocking back a few drinks with you!

La Lunatique said...

I'm diggin the place you are writing from lately, beautiful and uplifting. This piece quietly captures the reassurance that the universe gives us just what we need even when we can't quite see it yet.

La Lunatique said...

oops I meant to post the above comment on the Many Thanks post