Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 17: 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels

I have proof.

Jillian is trying to kill me and I can prove it.

But let's back up a bit...teenagers are also trying to kill me of course, that is if I don't kill them first. It's been a stressful few days dealing with kid drama and today was going to be the death of me. Then lovely, supportive BF said, "You know what you need to do? Go work out and yell as loud as you can at Jillian. Scream, pump your fists and just give her holy hell." ::ding:: Brilliant idea.

Since I was so over-stressed this morning, I figured what the hell, I am gonna do level 2 today. Okay, I tried that before and swore off it but today seemed where the perfect motivation met the appropriately strenuous workout. I haven't figured out why in most of this workout, Jillian deems it necessary to have us in the plank position for various, body twisting moves but it made me sweat. Unfortunately, because I was so accustomed to level 1, I had significant problems transitioning to one or the other or figuring out what the hell was going on. Lets face it, I am either insane by this point, partially retarded or both. I looked and felt like and idiot but I sweated, and that is what I needed most today. Then, just about the time I was going to join the freakin' Jillian Michaels for President club, she said it. She said it OUT LOUD. Halfway through the very last set of cardio she said it:

"BY NOW, YOU SHOULD FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

Ah ha! I have told you, repeatedly about her masochistic behavior. I have provided evidence of her zombie workout infection virus thingy, I DID LEVEL TWO TODAY FOR GOD'S SAKE. But there it is...she WANTS YOU TO FEEL LIKE YOU WILL DIE. I mean who does that?

What kind of person is she? ::shudder:: She's scary, freaks me the frak out.

1 comment:

Arisha said...

Man! I was thinking the same thing about her. HA ha when I told my sis that she says "I want you to feel like you're going to die" my sis made a face and said "oh sure!" in that sarcastic kind of way. Tonight will be my 3rd day on level 2 and I would like to think I am getting the hang of it....BUT the plank positions for everything are killing me! Glad to know I am not the only one, however, I can now do a push up, well sort of =) Keep it up!